Friday, February 12, 2010

Update of random thoughts

Okay, so now I have officially caught up on what all my bloggersphere friends are doing I better update myself. It is just crazy how time seems to creep by and in a flash it has been a month. I am currently visiting family in Idaho which is so fantastic. It has been nice to just be in a slow paced familiar place where everyone is nice even if they don't know you. It has been wonderful to run in the morning and feel the cold crisp air run through my lungs. It is wonderful to have too many family things to get to. It is awsome to cheer for my sister's in basketball. It is just good to be home with family.
The bad part, being here without Scott. Poor guy, he had to stay in Fairfax to weather the crazy storm and long hours at work all alone. (thanks to Hayley for keeping him company) If he wasn't soo good at what he was doing he might not have to work as long. What do you do?
While here, I have been able to take time and just enjoy the girls. Kayt and Ella are my little buddies and I don't know what I would do without them. Kayt is just getting so big. On the last leg of our journey to Idaho, we were taking a potty break and Kayt says to my as she is sitting on the toilet, "traveling is hard work isn't it mom." I started laughing. The poor girl was just exhausted. She is just so full of emotion and so expressive. Scott hit it on the head one night eating dinner, "kayt there is so much you want to say, you just need to learn the words to say it."
Ella has become quite the chatterbox and lovingly refers to herself as a parrot. Kayt calls Ella her little copy cat or parrot. Ella has taken the later upon herself. My favorite new saying of hers is "oh man!" She says it at the right times and with so much expression. It is hilarious.
It has been fun to look at all my family having babies and think back to when Kayt and Ella were just so tiny. It goes by so fast. I feel like I blink and miss it. I am trying to figure out how to preserve each moment. How to make it all last just a little longer. I have decided the key is to slow down and take time to really think about the wonderful day I had because God decided to send two of his precious daughters my way.

1 comment:

Carolyn Smith said...

Time! It is so illusive. Like a rainbow or a snowflake. It just slips away. How wise you are, beautiful Kristen, to recognize that and enjoy where you are right now. We are blessed to feel the love from each one of you.
Grandpa and Grandma S.