Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Visit From Em and Baron

Emily and Baron came out to the third week of November and it was fantastic. I am not sure how relaxing it was for Emily but she got a whirlwind tour of Ohio. The Thursday she was here we just kindof hungout and let the kids sleep (there are three of them between us now). It is a little weird to think that we are so grown up. Hanging out isn't quite what it used to be but it was still great. Emily cut my hair which was great. Visit with Emily and changes to my hair seem to go hand in hand. She likes to do, I am too cheap to have it done professionally so it all works out.

Friday we took the day and went up to Kirtland again. Just as before it was a great experience. There is just such a special feeling there. We went inside the Kirtland temple this time too. It was amazing. For so long I have seen the pictures of it and read the about the revelations and the visitations that occured there and it was amazing to actually be in those rooms. I know that it is not a dedicated building but it is still the first Temple of the Lord, his first house on earth and he appeared there. I was so glad we went. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it was for the saints to leave it behind.

The Community of Christ owns the Temple and several homes of the early church leaders. Our guide pointed out Joseph Smith's home and Oliver Cowdrey's home as well. It was so crazy to think that people just live in them like they are normal homes. I thought to myself, do you realize whose home you are living in? If these walls could talk do you have any idea what they would say? It was a very interesting feeling.

On Saturday, Scott stayed home with Kayt and watched the Ohio, Michigan football games while Em, Ella, Baron and I headed to "Amish Country" about two hours away. It was crazy, the closer we got we started seeing Amish buggies riding down the road. You couldn't help but get excited and stare. I know that is awful but it is just so different than what you are used to seeing. It is another one of those things that you hear exists but is hard to wrap your mind around. We walked through an Amish home and sampled some of their delicious treats. It was so fun.

Kayt had a wonderful time playing with Baron, who is the cutest little thing ever. He is getting so big. That boy has no fear. Em is going to have her handsful. Good thing he has the helmet. I think they may leave it on for awhile even though it won't be required. Without it, he may seriously injure himself!!

It was a great weekend. It is so much fun to have family around. Thanks for coming Em.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

How fun to have Emily visit. It stinks sometimes to be far from family, but your own little family will be so much closer because of it. It seems like you guys are enjoying Ohio. I hope you have a good holiday season. Do you get to go home for Chirstmas? Stacie

Trish&Heath said...

So - so funny how I found your blog...I was checking out Avery Hawkes' blog and she had a link to her brother law Val's blog, which I clicked on to see what that guy was up to and then there was Kristen and Scott - I thought surely that can not be the same Kristen and Scott, but it was! You guys sound like you are having fun! I wish I had a sis who cut hair!

Chelsi said...

There is not anything like having your sister come to visit. I can't believe how much I miss Lacy. I am glad you guys got some sister time in.

Can you email me your address? chelsi.linderman@gmail.com

Jessica said...

I love the new family photos!