I can't believe how time flys. It seems I was just on here trying to update and here it has been over a month and I am still behind with more to catch up on. It has just been too busy. I sit and wonder at night if being so busy is keeping me from doing the important things. I get so caught up in the day to day tasks I forget to take a moment and enjoy each moment I have with my beautiful girls and wonderful husband. Learning of the passing of an acquaintance of ours 18 month daughter again reminded me of how precious each day with my family is and how much I want to remember and cherish each moment. So instead of working, I am going to blog my memories.
HOME TO IDAHO
We were able to take our vacation in June and head home to Idaho. I say home because it has always been and will always be where our hearts and thoughts are. I was able to see my two nieces and nephew, Julia, Leah and Emmitt, that have been born since we were last home. We were also able to visit with all of our brothers and sisters (minus Jake, Jeff and Brad :( ) and spend some time with each of our grandparents as well.
Kayt about summed up everyone's feelings as she cried while walking through the security gate at the airport. The promise of phone calls and skype just wasn't enough, it never is. But alas here we are back in Virginia making the most of it.
We started our trip with a great time up in Midway, UT with my family. I am always reminded why I miss being around my whole fam when we get together. WE have so much fun! There is just the right combination of personalities that there is never a dull moment. I didn't want to go to bed each night because I was afraid I would miss something, a moment to enjoy everyone just that much more. The only downside was not having Jared, Cassi and Emmitt there with us but we are planning on them making a roaring appearance at our next family "reunion" we have to call it that now. (BOOOOO) I am so blessed to have the family I do that loves each other and cares about each other and does what it takes to all be in the same place at the same time.
Highlights of the trip were
1-world cup soccer
2-settlers of Cattan way too late at night
3-seeing Emmitt and Julia for the first time
4-hanging out with my mom, emily, sarah and cassi
5-watching Kayt, Ella and Baron march in circles on the bed singing "Fall down, fall down"
6-Baron yelling "To infinity and beyond" and "Komanda" (Kung fo Panda)
7-Singing Jarry Happy Birthday! he never gets embarrassed but this time he was.
8-Watching the lightning storm camping up near Hisee
9-Taking Kayt and Ella camping with my parents
10- The zoo with grandma flamm and grandma erickson. It is a special feeling when you relive memories you had as a child with your own girls.
11- Running early in the morning and watching the sun come up over the Tetons
We also spent a week at Scott's parents house. It was the first time we have all been there together. It was so fun to just hang out with his family. I am very lucky to have such great inlaws. The four little girls were so funny to watch. They could play for hours and not get tired of each other. It makes me excited for the future as they all grow up together.
Highlights with the Smith's
1-Dad's 50th birthday
2-The mouse hunt
3-Kayt learning to ride a bike
4-Riding in the fast car with Grandpa Dye
5-Kayt riding paint all by herself at grandpa smith's farm
6-Seeing a happy and content Scott come home from a long day of fishing
7-Watching Kayt, Ella and Lainy test there courage running further down the road (lead by lainy)
8-Beauty and the Beast with Kayt and Ella on my lap on the front row! It was a little too intense for them
9-having Kayt and Ella wave to Bishop Smith on the stand in church
10-Cassi's softball game, and our running commentary. We are pretty funny!
11-Scaring Sarah my sister with he Gorilla mask
12-Introducing Scott's sisters to the art of toilet papering
My camera broke but I did get these before it went down.
It was a fantastic trip home. We got to see a lot of family and remember why we will always call Rexburg home.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment