The other day I went down stairs to our court yard to pick up a seashell the girls had lost over the balcony. Not paying attention, I locked myself out. The girls were sitting up on the balcony watching me retreive their precious seashell so asked them to come downstairs and let me in. They both jumped up and I thought headed down stairs. Ten minutes later I could hear them giggling in the living room. I called to Kayt to come out and tell me what was going on. She appeared on the porch, now fully dressed (she was in her P.J.'s before), and explained she was trying to help Ella. I thought she was trying to help her get her shoes on so I responded, "Ella is fine, just come down and let me in. Another 10 minutes later they finally show up at the door. I started laughing so hard I nearly wet my pants as Ella came penguin walking down the last stair and to the door. She had put on a pair of her pajama pants, only both legs were in one leg hole. It was the funniest thing I had seen. She tripped several time in the short space to the door. I don't know how she got down three flights of stairs without killing herself but thank goodness she did.
I looked at Kayt who was also laughing and said, "no wonder you thought you needed to help Ella!" They are the silliest little girls ever, who love each other so much. They just melt my heart!
On another note, yesterday was the first day in 4 years and 8 months that I have not changed a diaper!!!!!! (and the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!). Yes ladies and gentleman, Ella K. Smith has decided to potty train herself. All I had to do was buy some Jelly Bellies. She just decided it was time to start peeing on the potty. This all started last Friday and the last two days have been nearly accident free, (just 1). I did not have to pry, bribe, coerce, beat my head against a wall, nothing!! She just decided to do it. How did I get so lucky!!!
I keep waiting for her to change her mind but as long as I keep the Jelly Bellies comin' she is game. My baby grew up on me : )
The best has part has been to see her Kayt interact with it all. Ella could care less if Scott and I are proud, it is Kayt she is aiming to please. She wants Kayt to see every time she goes and comes running to her yelling, " I did it." Kayt has been so sweet to respond with a lot of enthusiasm and praise. She will go and sit with her and read her stories and go running in after her to encourage her. It has been so cute to watch.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are one lucky mama!! Daegan has just decided to go in the potty too but I had to do everything you didn't have to do! I can't believe how big your girls are getting! They are so cute! Loved the story too!
That is so funny. What cute girlies you have. Congrats on the new milestone eh?
we can always count on your girls for a good laugh! thanks for another hilarious story!
I might just have to borrow Kayt and Ella when it comes time to potty train Kylee.
Post a Comment