Monday, May 24, 2010

The funny things kids say....

Now I realize I have been a non-existent blogger the last little bit.  I got in way overhead teaching courses the last 16 weeks.  However, that is over so be prepared for major updates coming your way.  In the meantime, here are a few things that might make you laugh.  A warning to the reader...if anatomically correct names of the body, as said by 4 year olds offend you, please do not continue reading.

FUNNY MOMENT ONE....

(the three little girls are the culprits of the story)
This past year Kayt has been in a coop preschool with some LDS ladies that live near us.  It has been a fantastic experience for both of us.  The other moms are very dedicated and really know how to teach.  I struggle to perform at their level but try. 

Anyway, the other day preschool had ended and they were sitting at the table talking and eating their lunch.  We have been studying geography type things.  i.e. adresses, states, continents etc.  One of the moms overheard the following converation.

little girl 1:  you can't say Penus
little girl 2: or vagina (slight pause)  But you can say VIRGINIA!
little girl 1:  And Utah...I used to live in Utah.....

And the conversation continued from there.  I don't know if any of you find that as funny as I did but as I was telling Scott, i was laughing to tears.  It was such an innocent conversation.  And just showed how quickly and easily their brains move from one thing to the next. 


NEXT FUNNY MOMENT....


Wednesday is my laundrey day.  I usually do the luandry once have put the girls down for their afternoon nap.  Out machines are down two flights of stairs so it is just easier to do when they are asleep for many reasons.  Anyway, while heading out with my first load I realized our pool passes were due that day and it would be too late to turn them in by the time the girls woke up.  So being the bad mom I am, I checked to make sure they were asleep and quickly ran to the office just a building down.  I was gone perhaps 5 minutes.  As I was opening the door I heard Kayt wailing in distress...."oh no, what do we do?  Oh no, oh no, mom, oh no."  I quickly ran back their to find Kayt wrenched in agiony and Ella asleep on the floor at the end of the bed trying to catch her breath, like she had been sobbing uncontrollably. 

I quickly asked Kayt what had happened, seeing how this was not the condition I left them in, and she replied, "mom, we thought you were arrested!"  "We didn't know what to do."  I quickly asked with my most concerned face, why would I have been arrested, "because you took a long, long, long, long time changing the laundry." 

I settled her down and she quickly went back to sleep.  I had a good laugh to myself as I pondered the unintentional agony I had just put my poor kids through.  Can't crying out in agony and Ella succumbing to tiredness while assuming the fetal position on the floor at the base of the bed. 

What a horrible mother I am.  I guess I won't do that again. 


Yes..this is Ella hanging out naked singing songs from her hymn book.  I got distracted after bathtime!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Tyson and I think that your stories are pretty awesome! We just love listening to little children and the crazy things they come up with! hope you guys are doing well! Take Care!

Jared and Cassie said...

That is hilarious! We all of it, but especially the part about you leaving to turn in the pool pass. LOL. Kayt thinking you were arrested. hahaha. quite the imagination! They're looking SO old!!

Traci said...

Those are hilarious. Brad about died when I told him the "Virginia" story. Can't wait to see you!