So Scott is working late and me being the dutiful wife have decided to stay up and wait for him. I could be getting loads or productive stuff done, like work, cle3aring out the closet for food storage, etc. However, I have decided to lose myself in the blogosphere.
I love reading blogs. They are always so happy. Rarely do you come across one that is depressing. It is page after page of happiness. As I scroll through these blogs, the world seems to be a bit brighter. There is so much hope and happiness written on the pages of the internet diary.
As I read of all the little things that people want to share, and watch their children slowly grow up, I reflect on my own day with my beautiful family. It helps me to pause and realize it is all passing so quickly. I want to push rewind and watch it all over again. Experience the anxiousness but excitement of my first date with Scott, seeing him at the airport after two years of being apart, rushing into the temple 20 minutes late for my own wedding, the adventure of learning you are expecting my first baby and second, holding Kayt and Ella for the first time, watching them take their first steps, or enjoy their first bites of nasty rice cereal. Listening to their soft little voice sing their first song, color their first picture, smile their first smile. It all happens so fast and I can't help but feel like I missed it. I didn't cherish it all enough, take enough pictures, write enough thoughts. It is the opinion of a close friend of mine that when we get to the other side and all things are brought to our remembrance, it will not just be those things we wish we could have forgotten but the cherished memories we never wanted to forget. I certainly hope so.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I definitely can relate to those feelings, and appreciate your thoughts on them! It makes me so sad to think I'm going to be leaving soon too and like I've taken for granted my time with you and your sweet family out here. I Love the thought about the sweetest memories being brought to our remembrance. I'd never thought of it that way, so appreciate you sharing! Love you and your family!
Ditto.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment