This is an earlier attempt at getting caught up but it has the locking myself out story so enjoy!
Well it is that time again. The most wonderful time of the year?! No this year it truely has been, Thanksgiving anyway. Scott's mom, dad and sister Cassi decided to make the cross country trip to spend Thanksgiving with us. I am not exaggerating when I say tears come to my eyes when I hear the news. I have been so homesick this move and having family around was just what I needed. It was a great 4 days.
Getting ready for company is always such a chore but I only locked myself out of the house one time, so things went well. I dropped Scott's car off to have the window fixed and quickly walked the mile home so I could finish Kayt's birthday cake before Scott returned from the airport with his fam. I was doing so well on time I thought I might even get all the beds set up. I got to the top of the stairs, looked in my purse, and realized "hmmm" the house key was on Scott's car keys which is back at the shop! AWESOME!!!!
Now this is the second time this has happened to me/us. The first time Scott was home and he charged at the door and it opened. So I thought, I am a good size girl, I could pop this door open. After 4 attempts at ramming myself into our door, I reaigned myslef to the fact I needed a key.
Thank goodness our kind neighbor, rode his bike to the shop and got my key for me. Thank goodness for friends!!
I got the cake done just time for everyone to arrive. Kayt had a fantastic birthday!
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, don't be alarmed. I'm just skimming here, but I had to notice the "I'm a good sized girl, I can get this door open" line. That is hilarious! I can see myself slamming into a door the same way. Surely if my husband can do it...
Too funny.
Post a Comment