
Kayt Sherrie Smith turned 4 on November 25th. I can't believe how big she is getting. She can do everything now "because I am 4." It is like magical switch was flipped. I ask her to go and get dressed and she does, tights, shoes, hair brushed, sweater- The whole nine yards. And...she usually matches. She puts her dress up on by herself, plays by her self, goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night without waking us up, plays at friends houses. I could go on and on. I have to say I am very excited about her new found independence. Especially since she is still just a sweetheart! No new attitude, just independence.
When I take the time to just sit with Kayt and listen to her sing and have her ramble on to me (a quiet minute is a wasted minute in Kayt's book), I just want to squeeze her. My heart is so full of love for this little girl that I just feel overwhelmed, if that makes sense? I never new I would love my children this way. There are times a lay in bed at the end of the day and feel so sad another day has passed, they are another day older and I won't get this one back. I almost panic when I think of sending her off to Kindergarten. Thank goodness it is a year and half away. The thought of not having her talk my ear off all day with tales of pretend really makes me sad.
Kayt is seriously the sweetest thing I have encountered. I don't know anybody that feels as deeply as she does. Every emotion comes form the deepest corners of her heart. And she has no troubles sharing it.
Kayt has blossomed into a little socialite. She loves to perform and will sing primary songs anywhere, anytime, to anyone or not to anyone. It doesn't matter, if she feels like she will sing. She loves to make up songs of her own, usually about Jesus and her family. She loves family home evening and won't let a Monday pass without it. Anytime we go to a park or play area she instantly scans the area for potential friends. When she finds them, she marches right up and introduces herself and the fun begins.
The other day we had a friend over for dinner. She sat down by him at the table and frankly asked, "so how is your work going?" Then waited for a response. She told me dad "congratulations on having your own car work, that is amazing." It cracks me up. She loves people, the camera, princesses, family, babies, pretend everything. The world is truely her oyster. She asks so many questions I can't keep up some days. Kayt is truely my little angel. I can't imagine a world without her and I am thankful everyday that I get to be her mother.
BIRTHDAY DETAILS
Kayt had her first friend party this year. She had 3 friends over for a tea party. It was great. We had little sandwiches, pink lemonade and cupcakes. The girls came all dressed up and made crowns and jewelry. Kayt loved it.
We had Scott's family come in for Thanksgiving and they got here just in time to celebrate her birthday with her on the night of the 25th. It was so great to have family here. Kayt loved playing with grandma and grandpa and Cassie.
For pictures of the event. Watch the smile box!!
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment