It was a great time. We have some great friends out here and it was so nice to have people around that really care about him. Our home teachers stopped by just before the party got rollin' and stayed for cake and ice cream. It was so nice of them. We have great home teachers for the first time ever. I think we have had more visits here than in the past 5 years combined. They are fantastic. 
The highlight of the party however was Kayt's gift to Scott. She has wanted to get him a prince costume for a year now. I thought the need would die down but every time I asked what she wanted to get him it was a prince costume. So, we headed to the thrift store and came up big!! Kayt was so excited. I would pull a few options off the rack and she would carefully decided which looked the best. After we purchased the costume she exclaimed, "daddy is going to look so handsome." Handsome and fancy are the latest additions to her vocabulary.
Scott is such a good sport. He tried the costume on for everyone to see and has worn it several times since to play with Kayt. Does a dad get any better than that?!

Scott and I went out on his official birthday for our first date in 3 months. By the time I got to his work and he got out of his meeting we were able to grab some cheesecake at cheesecake factory. It was as good as we had both remembered!!! It was so nice just to be with him. I think Kayt was as excited about me going out on a date with Scott as I was. She sat in the bathroom with me and gave me hair and makeup pointers and told me what shirt I needed to where. She had one all picked out the looked "fancy". As I was leaving she said, "mom you look beautiful." She is such a sweetheart. She has gone on many dates, with her "prince" since.
It is a little scary how much kids follow what you do.
Anyway, all in all a great birthday!!! I love you Scott.
2 comments:
I love that Kayt got Scott a prince costume!!! How hilarious! And he looks great in it too!
Haha that story about the prince costume is priceless.
By the way, hey! I found your blog and I'm glad you guys are doing well.
I have your old calling now as Provident Living Specialist but um... you kind of set the bar high. I guess I can forgive you that, though. :)
I can't wait for Columbus to thaw so I can get my running on again!
-Anne
Post a Comment