Thursday, October 8, 2009

Settling In

Scott started work yesterday!!! How crazy, for the first time he is working for someone other than family. It is going to be interesing. He is very excited about it thought and is looking forward to really getting started. The commute is a little longer than we were expecting but still very managable, especially for D.C. There are people who commute a few hours each way. CRAZY!!! It was pretty easy to learn the traffic patterns as well. If you want to get anywhere in a decent time frame your have to be on the road after 9:30 and off before 4. That is your window. The metro is about the same way. The place runs like clockwork. We learned that to avoid massive amounts of people on the metro you have to be off by 2:30. 3 is when the early commuters start commuting. If you follow those basic guidelines it is not so bad. So far anyway?!

Tuesday before Scott started work we went to the D.C. Zoo. It was such a great time. However, Ella decided that for the first time in her life she should puke. As we were wheeling her off the metro, like the stroller doesn't draw enough attention, she throws up all over herself. I felt so bad for her. We were certainly a spectacle. I have decided however that most places we go out here we will be that way so I am getting used to it.

Our apartment is feeling more and more like home. We have things on the walls and everything is put away and it still feels roomy. We really like it. And those third floor stairs are going to be my new work out!!

Kayt and Ella are settling in as well. We have a little playground on the other side of the complex and they love it. We go there once a day at least. It is the perfect size and usually isn't crowded. Kayt has spent the last three days pretending to be the queen of Eypyt with Baby Moses. I am not sure where the fascination came from but there are worse things to pretend I guess. Ella's latest love is Elmo. I never thought I would have a child that loved the red furry guy but she does. She says it so cute, it comes out more as melmo which makes it that much better. Today while at the best thrift store in the world!!! she spotted a giant one on a shelf. She started yelling "melmo, melmo!" I let her play with it while we shopped, big mistake. We left the store with a "melmo" doll that is as big as Ella is. She has been dragging it around all afternoon.

We are alive and well and happy. We miss family a lot but have plenty to try and distract us.

Love to all. More pictures are to come!

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Those dang commutes. I guess that's what you get living in and around a big city. I'm so glad that you are settling in!

Stacie said...

So you guys coming down for Halloween?