allowed us to reconnect to home. I was feeling quite homesick for the first time since we have been here. It was so good of her to come. Kayt and I both cried on the way home as we said goodbye to grandma. It was so fun to have her come to Kayt's dance class and visit the zoo. She also came to COSI with us. Kayt got to show her all of her favorite things! Thanks mom for coming out.

Next, Scott's friend Cody Beckley and his wife Skye stopped in for the night on their way to Maryland. Even though it was for only a night we loved it. We had nice long conversations about the good old days and what everyone is up to. It was great to get to know Skye a little better. She has earned a permanent spot in Kayt's heart. She played doll house with her. We are excited that they are going to be in our neck of the woods for the next few years.
Our last and most recent visit (March 9-11) was from Grandma and Grandpa Flamm. They finished off a long journey here in Columbus after they toured all over the Northeast. We hope to take trips like that some day. It was so great to have them here. It really made me appreciate the relationship that I have with them. We played all day and then relaxed to grandma's rummy and treats at night. One night we ate all of Kayt's malt easter eggs and she was pretty upset. We replaced them the next day but she was sure to remind us to leave them alone when she went to bed the next night.
We went to the Airforce Museum in Dayton, which was super cool. I could not believe all of the planes they had there. We saw everything you could imagine from old WWI and II planes to experimental aircraft to a B-2 bomber. It was super cool. We even got to tour 4 retired Airforce I planes.




And...as always we had a project for Grandpa. I didn't intend it to be but he is always so much better at fixing things than I am. Mr. McGiever fixed the handle on my jogging stroller. I was going to use super-glue and duct tape(the fix all) b
ut now I have a whole new handle that is better than the original. Thanks Grandpa.

Scott is one final away from ending another quarter her at OSU and we can't wait for Spring Break to come. This quarter has been crazy, but it is a good one to have behind us. I keep telling myself it could be worse. He could be in tax season on top of it all. I really don't know how we survived last year. Divine intervention, wonderful employers =) and family!!!
Thanks again to all of you who came to visit. You have no idea how much it meant.
2 comments:
That sounds like a party. How fun to have all those visitors! We are doing the tax season thing right now and I can't wait for April 15 th.
That is so fun to have family visit. Ty's parents just came to visit us and we had a great time doing day trips throughout the week.
Post a Comment