Saturday, February 21, 2009

A day in the life of the Smith's

I have taken some random photos the last couple of weeks and they seem to have captured a bit of our day-to-day lives, so here you go.  


We were teased with a bit of warm weather and had to take advantage.  There is nothing like swinging on a spring day!


   


I was in the bathroom getting ready when I heard the following conversation.  "Good hiding spot Ella!"  "Mom, come find us."  I walked into their bedroom and could not find them.  Suddenly I saw a little hand pop out form under the crib.  I lifted the crib skirt and there they were.  Ella had crawled under there and is just short enough to sit straight up.  It was their best hiding spot yet.  It made my day!



  
Bathtime is always a joy.  It makes everything better.  Kayt is showing off her muscles while lifting her weight and enjoying the power of shampoo.  Ella is just happy to be splashing!


 
Kayt has started preaching to us like King Benjamin, Samuel the Lamanite, a missionary - you name it.  She stands on the couch or the toy box and boldy declares, "Jesus is the Son of God and he loves us.  Heavenly Father wants us to be happy.  I know the church is true."  Scott and I chuckle but both can feel the power of her testimony already.  

From time to time we go a little too long and Kayt has a hard time staying awake to eat.  Thank goodness for the afternoon nap!!!  I still don't understand how she can do this but you would be surprised at the number of pictures I have like this!


Our little ball of joy.  Pick anytime of day and you can bet this is what you will get from Ella.  She will be smiling, spitting, laughing or yelling but very rarely crying.  She is the happiest baby I have ever seen.  



 

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

Happy to hear you are doing so well. Love and miss you guys.

Kurt and Michelle said...

Hey Kris-
Looks like you guys are having so much fun out there, we miss you and hope to see you soon. You were asking what brand of stroller I have and it is a Joovy Caboose sit and stand stroller. Lisa got it for me at a half price store in Texas, I love it. I like it because it isn't quite as big as some of the other sit and stand strollers that I have seen, and it is so easy to put up and down and fits nicely through isle ways in the stores, hope that helps.

Lisa said...

Cute pics! I'm so jealous you guys are playing at the park. I'm so sick of snow!

Jessica said...

It is almost hard to look at this! I miss you guys and the girls are growing so fast! I sure wish you guys could just come over. It looks like you are having fun.

Ty and Jenn said...

Your girls are adorable! I am glad they play so well together.

Stacie said...

can you guys hurry and move to DC so we can hang out?? thanks.

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.