
Well, the decision has been made. Scott has accepted a position at Ernst and Young, the public accounting firm, in Washington D.C. It was a difficult decision since Portland, Oregon would have put us a lot closer to family. But after fasting and prayer and some words of encouragement we took the plunge. We know it is the right decision for our family right now.
It is a little crazy. When I left D.C. the first time I really felt like I was closing a chapter in my life and leaving a part of me behind a little bit. I definitely never thought I would be going back there, even though it is my favorite place ever. I am excited to go and experience it all over again with my little family. It is also comforting to already have a little bit of an idea of what we are going into.
We'll be heading there next fall. So it is a way off, but feel free to start planning your vacations to come and visit. Hint Hint!!! I promise I'll be a great tour guide.
It is a little crazy. When I left D.C. the first time I really felt like I was closing a chapter in my life and leaving a part of me behind a little bit. I definitely never thought I would be going back there, even though it is my favorite place ever. I am excited to go and experience it all over again with my little family. It is also comforting to already have a little bit of an idea of what we are going into.
We'll be heading there next fall. So it is a way off, but feel free to start planning your vacations to come and visit. Hint Hint!!! I promise I'll be a great tour guide.
9 comments:
That is exciting news! Congratulations Scott! And I wouldn't mind visiting, especially with an educated tour guide such as yourself.
Yah for you guys. We have some neighbors that moved there this past year and are absolutely loving it. Exploring all the sights with there 3 young kids who probably won't remember it. Only a year away to experience a real job. I am quite jealous.
We wanna get together with everyone during the Christmas break. We were thinking after Christmas would probably work best for everyone, how does Saturday the 27th sound? Let me know what works for you all and we will get a more definite plan. Call Tyson if you have any questions. 2087163560
P.S. We are really excited for you guys, were a little sad you won't be coming back but happy still the same!!
Yay! The decision is made! We're really excited for you too. I'm sure it will be a great experience for you all! So... one more week and we'll be seeing you for Christmas! Hooray! Lainy has been practicing saying "ho ho ho" to show you. We're so excited! Love you guys!
Ok we have heard back from a few of you and some already have conflicting schedules with the 27th of December, so if everyone could get back to us and let us know what days work best for you, we will try to find a day that worked the best with everyone. How long is everyone planning on being in town? We are really excited to see everyone.
Quick Idea: How does a New Years Eve Party sound? Weds 31st December
That is just an idea... we will plan on the day that works best for everyone still.
Congratulations Scott and Kristen! We wish you the best in DC!
Congrats! Sounds like fun.
we are excited. just let us know when you are ready for company and we'll be there.
What an exciting place to live, congratulations!
Post a Comment