Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving







We spent our first big holiday away from family this year. THANKSGIVING! It was much better than I could have imagined. Our friends Brock and McKenzie and little Crue came from Bloomington for a couple of days to be with us. It was so much fun having them here. It really made us feel like we weren't alone. We also had some friends here in Columbus, the Nelson's, come over for dinner as well.
Scott and I cooked our first Thanksgiving turkey complete with stuffing. It turned out so much better than I expected. I had to call my Grandma Erickson a few times to know exactly what to buy, but it all worked out. We had quite a feast!! Scott even looked up how to carve a turkey and did a fantastic job.
McKenzie and I ventured out around 7:30 am to go shopping (we are so hardcore) just to say we went on the day after Thanksgiving. It wasn't crazy at all. We either missed the madness or it just doen't happen here. Either way we both scored a couple good deals and felt like we were being true to our traditions!

It was a great time. Thanks to Stoddard's for making the trip!

No comments: