Friday, October 24, 2008

A Step Back In Time...

Sarah and Adam Crockett- my running buddies, friends and cider making pals

Ella trying to stay warm.
I think the coat is like 20 yrs. old but I love it!!

Kayt picking apples





Sarah's dad and step mom doing the hard work

Cider Making

A Friend of mine decided to be really ambitious and make cider. A community center down the street has one you could borrow for free! We picked a tree of apples that her neighbor wasn't going to use and went to town. I was lucky because her dad and step mom came for the occasion so my job was mostly to cut apples and watch kids. Not do that actually grinding.
It was super cool. Kayt loved picking the apples and couldn't help sampling some. I think we ended up making like 5 gallons of cider in three hours, start to finish. We enjoyed our labor with a nice pumpkin donut! It was sooo good. I now understand the difference between juice and cider. There really is no comparison, especially fresh cider. It was a fantastic fall activity.






No comments: