Thursday, February 3, 2011

Making the most of winter days 2



Last weekend Em and her super cute kids came to visit.  I love when my sister comes to town.  She always has something fun in the works and kind enough to include me in the action.  For example, she made a skirt for me this weekend and put together and valentine party for our kids.  My sisters it amazing, she is always doing something and knows how to do everything really well.

It was so great to get reaquated with Julia and Baron.  It has been awhile since I had seen them too.  I had only seen Julia in her carseat in September since she was born.  It is crazy how much you miss when you're not away.  Em's kids are so sweet and fun to be around.  Kayt and Ella especially enjoyed having a boy around to chase them.  Unfortunately they can't turn Baron off like they can a toy.  It was a hard lesson to learn.

The Valentine's party was so great though.  The kids had such a fun time.  We played bean bag toss, stack the hearts, find the heart and decorating cookies.  It's crazy how easy it is to things fun for little kids.  The simplest things are the so fun to them.  I think that favorite game however was the bean bag toss.  They didn't want to stop playing that one.

All in all, it was a great visit.  I am so glad to be close again.  I look forward to many more weekends with Em!!!

No comments: