I know it has been forever since I last put a post up. It really is amazing how fast the time goes by. I keep thinking, I will do it tomorrow and then all of the sudden it is 3 months later. It is a real reminder to me that the most important things need to be done in the moment because another tomorrow often goes by. I especially need that reminder when it comes to my two sweet girls. I also think, tomorrow won't be so busy and I will sit down and have a tea party with Kayt and play doll house with Ella. It still hasn't happened for awhile.
I am all alone in my little apartment right now, on the opposite of the continent from my babies and it has given me A LOT of quiet time to think. It doesn't take much to remind me of how much I love being a mom and having Kayt and Ella around me each day. Almost to fault sometimes. I am the queen of mom guilt. However, it is that guilt that makes me put my work away, ignore the messy house and unfolded laundry and take the little moments with them. Whenever I am feeling like I don't have time I am reminded of President Monson's message awhile ago about how quickly the time goes by when your little ones are little and just want to be with you.
How lucky I am to have two beautiful girls who love me and want to play with me....and a husband that makes it so I can stay home.
So here is my New Years Resolution...
Spend time with my girls more often. Time where I am really engaged with them, not just working around them and half listening to conversations. I think this time can spent more than just playing, it can be working, drawing, coloring, shopping, cooking etc. But just being with them all the way, not just half there while my mind is focused on other things.
Wish me luck on this one. I just feel like time is slipping away. I am sure you all feel it too. It also seems like counsel from this last conference was focused on worrying about the things that matter most. So here I go into 2011. My attempt at letting the unimportant fall out of my life thus making room for what really matters.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment