Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Mom Has Come!!!

So, I was asked to be part of girls camp this year on a stake level.  I was so excited and my wonderful mother came out to watch my kids.  Well, that was the excuse anyway.  She came on a Wednesday and camp wasn't until Monday!!!  I have never had my mom visit my home by herself so I was super pumped.  All of my excited was justified.  I love being around my mom.  I love just hanging out and talking with her.  Doing things to together etc.  My mom and I are so similar in many ways it makes it easy to be around each other.

It was so nice to just be together.  Chatting, playing with the girls, watching old movies while eating popcorn, touring around, cooking.  All the good stuff!!!  Scott especially enjoyed the good food (mainly breakfast!, he never gets it at our house.)

My girls were dying with anticipation.  They asked everyday for a week if grandma was coming.  My mom got in around 11:30 and Kayt refused to go to bed because she wanted to pick her up.  When she say her, she just sprinted down the terminal yelling "GRANDMA!!"  I love that my girls have such strong relationships already with their grandma's.  My grandmothers are so special to me.  And my childhood is filled with so many fond memories with them.  I want that so bad for Kayt and Ella.  That closeness is a huge reason we are going to be moving back to Idaho soon.

We had such a great time while my mom was here.  I was so torn going to girls camp.  However, because of some issues, I was able to spend the last two days of her trip with her too.  Thanks so much for being here when I needed you in so many ways.  I love you mom!
Natural history museum
 Butterfly house at the museum.  I actually had one land on purse.  Thank goodness for the obnoxious double doors.  I would have walked right out!
One of our favorite spots in the city.

No comments: