Well, our summer adventures have come to a close. We have one extended family reunion to attend in September but other than that it is over. I can't believe it. August was a month we have been looking forward to since January and it seemed like it would never come and here it is the 19th!!!
Jared returned home from his mission to the Phillippines and it have been crazy to hear about life on a poor island. But he had a fabulous experience and has grown up so much. It is hard to adjust to the "new and improved" Jared that has come home. He's not the same so you can't treat him like you did but is the same old crazy goofy kid with his "unique mind". If has been so fun having him around again.
I have found that adjusting to real life after three weeks of vacation is a little hard. I can't procrstinate the housework anymore because I am not leaving it behind anymore and the dishes just don't disapear like thay do at the restaurants. But at the same time it feels good to be back home. Kayt is especially enjoying being back in her element, her own little domian. She couldn't stop smiling the day we were finally home for good. She is not so sure she like being home alone with me all day verses being with her dad all day, but she'll adjust!!
Life is good. We are so blessed. What a crazy summer!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw your post on Kurt and Michelle's blog so I thought I would visit yours! We miss you guys and hope that all is well. We really need to get together sometime. I never got to apologize for missing you in July, Emma ended up with the flu, so I figured it was best not to share it :-)! I can't believe how big Kayt is. Her hair is getting so long. Well, you will have to visit our blog and hopefully we get to see you guys soon!
Kristen - this is Marty - I am so suprised at my mad blogging skills - it's good to run into yours. Hawaii looked so fun. Hope everythings going great for ya.
Take care - Marty
Hey Guys! Hope you are doing well! Haven't seen you in a while! We need to get together. Cute blog!
Post a Comment